Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fat Tuesday: Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars

Ahh, Fat Tuesday.  Is there really a better day of the week?  Well, I guess Fridays are better, but only because you have all weekend to make, and enjoy this delicious recipe!

So, I was sort of bored at home on Saturday.  Chris went to the movie with his friends, and one of them parked behind me so I was stuck.  I figured instead of being lazy, I would make something yummy with Alyssa.  She loves stuff like that.

I went in my pantry and saw that I had everything I needed to make Peanut Butter Cookies.  I thought that sounded perfect, and figured Alyssa would enjoy smooshing then with a fork.  But I saw that it had a recipe for bars, with chocolate on them.  The only chocolate I had was semi-sweet, so I was trying to figure out how to make them more like milk chocolate.  And it went from there. (PS, you can make the cookie dough from scratch if you would rather - I take the short cut where I can)

Here is what you need:
1 package of Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie mix (with egg and oil as directed)
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips (saving about a half cup to sprinkle on top)
2 heaping Tablespoons of peanut butter (I used creamy)
2-3 Tablespoons confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease 11x13 glass pan

In a bowl, make cookie mix (Mix, 1 egg, 3 T vegetable oil)
Mix well and transfer to greased pan.
Press down evenly across the pan.

Bake for 12-15 minutes.  When it comes out, let it cool for at least 5 minutes.

Out in chocolate chips, peanut butter and confectioners sugar into a bowl, and put in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes.  NOTE: The white chocolate chips wont be as melted, don't attempt to melt them completely, because they are painfully stubborn, and will ruin the rest of the chocolate if it's over cooked (please, learn from my mistake). 

Pour the chocolate mixture over cookie land, and sprinkle the remaining white chocolate chips on top.  Let it sit and cool down for a while to harden.


These are sooooo yummy, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have been!

Tata,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment