Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waky Wednesday - Busy Week

I don't have a particular craft to show you today, mainly because I have been busy working on Alyssa's Room.  I can't wait to show you.  (But really, I can't wait to see it all done for myself.)


This is what we've been looking at.

It had the potential to be so cute.  My mind gears were turning before we officially closed on the house, and I had such high expectations. 

I always say that there are 3 points of a good designer.  Carrying color, realizing the style, and knowing the size/if what you want will actually fit.  Well, I am great at carrying colors and styles, but I really lack on knowing the size.  Sure, if I actually took the time to measure something, then all would be well, but I don't generally do what I'm supposed to do.

So I had this color in mind, it was supposed to be more of a highlighter pink, but everything I found was too bright, or too dull, and just never happened, so I settled on this almost red.

There was going to be a stage in the corner, with a microphone and a little drum set, and it was going to have a chevron curtain hanging in front of it.  It was going to be cute, but one thing after another just wasn't working, and I settled.

Settling is bad in design.  For me anyways.  I'm way too much of a perfectionist when it comes to designing something, and it has to be EXACTLY what I had in my head, or it's no good.  There are 2 things wrong with that.  Either I wait and wait and wait to do something, or I settle, and I'm never happy with it, and just like now, I have to re-do a room, less than a year later.  FAIL. 

These stripes have been a pain to deal with, but the good news is that now it is a really pretty green/blue color, and I can't wait to get the pictures hung and her new big girl bed put together. 

But for now, you get to look deep into this "Before" picture of her room, and I will put the finished pictures on my blog as soon as I get it done.

Tata,
Emiy

No comments:

Post a Comment