Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fat Tuesday: Cookie-Ception (A cookie within a cookie)

Welcome to Fat Tuesday.  I hope you all had a great long weekend.  I know I did.
 
***
 
Fill your glass with ice-cold milk! 
 
 
This phenomenon comes to you, courtesy of my husbands curiosity.  He loves food that seems like a bad idea.  This particular cookie, when I saw it, I thought it would be overly sweet, and just not good, but, I was proven wrong.  I ate it, and it was so yummy, I just wanted more.  Really, you shouldn't eat more than one, because it really is like eating 3 cookies together, but hey, YOLO - am I right?  (YOLO means you only live once, in case you didn't know that.)
 
 
Not only is this cookie sinfully good, but it also is super easy to make.  Here is what you need:
 

Yup, that's it.  Oreos, and a colossal package of chocolate chip cookie dough.  The package says it makes 36 cookies, but in this case it only made 12, so if you are making these for a party, you may want to pick up more than one pack.

Open up the cookie dough, and slice it up.  Actually, it's a good thing I'm here, because I made them wrong, and you can learn from my mistakes.  What I did, was put a slice under the oreo and one over it, and it spread WAY out when it baked.  I think if I did it again, I would put a slice the same size as the oreo on the bottom, then a ball of the dough on top, and it should melt around the oreo.  I will still show you what I did for a point of reference though.

 

Sorry about the disgusting looking cookie sheet.  It's clean, I promise
 
Place in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.  I put mine in for 10 minutes, and realized they were melting off of the oreo, so I took a spoon and scooped it up on the oreo again and put it in for another 4 minutes.  They aren't beautiful, but they are soooooo good!


****

PS I got Alyssa's room all finished.  I am so in love with it!  It is perfectly sweet, and I just put her to bed, and she went with no hesitation in her new big girl bed.  I will show you pictures on Thursday.

Tata,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment