Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Retirement / Flashback Friday - Taking the Fall for a Good Cause

 
 
First of all, I would like to say:
To my favorite mom!  It's bittersweet for me, because we work together, but I'm so happy for you, and love you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is the most viewed post of my old blog.  I love reading it myself, because Alyssa always has something up her sleeve.  Plus, I miss her being a baby.  Hope you enjoy!


**


Anyone who doesn't know my daughter, has no idea how incredibly intelligent she is. As you can see in the pictures, I have a huge layout for her so I can get my work done, and she can be entertained. Well, she has figured out a couple ways to get me to gear my eye towards her instead.

Step 1. Things in the mouth.
As you can see, I have a cushy little rug for her to play on since we have all tile floors. I also put down a play mat from ikea that has a ton of cool bugs and stuff on it- that she refuses to look at. But lets focus our attention on the speckled rug in the back. She has figured out how to pull all of the little speckle pieces out and put them in her mouth, thus me having to get up, and take it out of her mouth- giving her a good reason to cry and therefore, me having to pick her up to calm her down.

This is when I thought I was being the smart one... or was I - by replacing this rug with her room rug?

Step 2. Taking the plunge.
She has gotten very good at standing up- and even better as using this to her advantage. She will stand up- exhibit A. Then she will look back to see if there is anything behind her, look at me to make sure I'm not looking, then fall down and cry- exhibit B. Thus leads to me picking her up, to comfort her.
Exhibit A

Exhibit B


Step 3. "Sleeping"
Next thing she tries is pretend sleeping. She has started this since I started putting her in time out. She will lay there very still, and very quiet. Then I go to pick her up to put her in bed, or in her swing, and she usually will "wake up" and be so happy and wide awake. So, I go to put her down, and she starts to scream. Other times, she will stay "asleep" and I put her down and that is when she decides to "wake up" and sometimes she will play in her swing with the little toys, and other times she just cries. I seem to have outsmarted her on this one, so she will lay there silently as long as she can, then just start crying so I will.... drum roll please....... Pick her up.


Finally she does give in, and decides that maybe a nap is the best option... or is it? The world may never know!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are some of the funny things your kids have tried to pull?  Tell me in the comments.

Tata,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment