Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fat Tuesday - The Great Grilled Cheese Race

Courtesy of Quick Dish - Table Spoon

If you have a Pinterest account, you know as well as I do not to go on it when you're hungry.  I go on, and repin every food I see whether I intend on really eating it or not.  I think the thing that gets me the most excited is when I see so many ways to jazz up a grilled cheese sandwich. When you think about it, the possibilities are really endless.  Here are a few of my favorites.


This one actually came from a photography page, Layla and Blu .  It looks like it is made with an herb mayonnaise and egg and bacon.  That's what it looks like to me anyway.  The mayo would be easy to make.  Mix in some parsley and garlic, or dill which would give it some zest.  Maybe use a provolone or havarti cheese.  Mmmmmm.


Layla and Blu

Up next is a yummy Italian spin on the great grilled cheese.  It is a Caprice Grilled Cheese sandwich.  Basically this one would have a pesto spread on the bread, and topped with tomatoes, and basil, and of course - TONS of mozzarella cheese! 

From Pinterest

This next one features one of my favorite places in the world - Hawaii!  I love Hawaii, and all things Hawaiian, including the tasty food - especially the pizza.  This sandwich combines the amazing grilled cheese, and the amazing Hawaiian pizza to make a flavor extravaganza!  There is mozzarella, ham, pineapple with some garlic, jalapenos and pizza sauce.  Can I get an amen!?! 

Healthy Living - Back Burner

But then, of course, this wouldn't be a Great Grilled Cheese blog without the classic.  The guy that made it all happen, none other than - the original grilled cheese.  With the texas toast, and the gooey American cheese - or cheddar, whichever you prefer.  Does life get any better than this?

Lyla and Blu

I hope you enjoyed this mouth-watering post as much as I did.  Now to go fire up the griddle!

*****

And also, let's not forget 11 years ago - the day our lives all changed.  This country is ours, not theirs. It's difficult to remember, during  election years, that we need to put aside our differences, and come together, and love one another for who we are.  I will be praying for those who lost loved ones that day, and hugging my family a little tighter.



Tata,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment