Friday, August 24, 2012

Flashback Friday- Favorite Teachers and Fake Vomit





 With so many great stories from my child hood, how does one choose?   That is why I am making Fridays, Flashback Fridays.  I will share with you something from my past that still makes me smile when I think about it.

Mandie was my best friend growing up. Everything we did was funny, so you will get to hear a lot about her on this blog.

Kids do really stupid things.  It isn't hard to make a 6 year old crack up.  When I look back on my life, and some of the things I thought were great, I would like to punch myself in the face.  I know some people thought I was probably annoying, but oh well.  What was even better was the fact that I had friends, like Mandie, who brought out the best in me.


I had an awesome teacher when I was in 1st grade.  I don't know if it was the excitement from being in school, or if she, in all her wrinkled glory was just that amazing.  Her name was Mrs. Billups.  She seemed like she was 110, but I was only 6, so my perception may have been a bit skewed.  I actually tried to find a picture of her, and since I couldn't, you will just have to base this story on this picture:
This lady is adorable, by the way
 
She was just so nice, and so caring.  She was the grandma type that you could just go sit in her lap, and she loved what she did.  Teachers are a lot different now, because the times are different.  I do remember her having an altercation with one of my class-mates.  He was pretty high strung, and ended up throwing a chair at her.  I was pretty mad at him.  He may has well pulled my heart out of my chest.  She was that cool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways - I remember Mandie and I playing this game over and over again.  I had fake vomit.

This very one, actually

For hours, one of us would be the teacher (Mrs. Billups) and the other, a student.  The teacher would place the vomit in her mouth, and vomiting it onto the floor, while the student would plea "Mrs Billups, don't die!"  After one would vomit it onto the floor, and the other plea, then the roles would switch, and the other one would put the fake vomit in their mouth.  Is there a punch line?  Why, Yes, there is.  Shortly after playing this game, we got the dreaded news that Mrs. Billups, did in fact, die.

It's so gross to think too, about the fact that not only did it go from one mouth to the other, but also onto the floor (which I may add, my room probably was not clean)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me in the comments something that you did that you thought was hilarious back in the day.  I would love to hear about it!

TaTa for Now!
Emily

1 comment: