Thursday, September 6, 2012

Alyssa's Bedroom Makeover

   

I don't know who loves her room more, her or me!  I am so pleased with the way it came out.  I knew it was time for her to be in a bigger bed, because she wasn't really sleeping well in her toddler bed anymore.  With the crazy colors that I painted her room, it was really hard for me to find bedding that would go with it.

I found this bedding at Target, and fell in love.  As soon as I saw it, I noticed my favorite color in it which I knew would be the perfect wall color, and it went from there. 

Let me remind you what it looked like before



Not to mention the green marker in areas that you can't see in the pictures. 

And here it is now!




And here are the pictures I wrote about here.



I really knew I wanted the chalkboard wall.  Well, at first I was sort of on the fence about it.  I was afraid that she would think it was ok to write on the walls, but I tell her that she can color on the black all she wants, but no where else.  So far so good, but she hasn't gotten a hold of any markers yet.  And there are just a couple more things I want to do in there, like a picture over her shelf, and one over the other toy box (on the other side of the chalkboard wall.)  But for now, I am loving it, and it will give me something to look forward to doing in there.

As I have said before, that I like to be frugal when I decorate.  You can make a room look amazing for little to nothing.  You may have to do a little searching, but there are cute things out there, that don't cost a lot of money.


 
So how much did it cost?
 
Click on the picture for a full size- to see pricing easier
 
This whole room cost me $239!
 


I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.  Now on to the Master Bedroom!

Tata,
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Emily this is awesome! I might have to hire you to come do my kids rooms or at least design them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to design your kids' rooms!

      Delete