Monday, October 1, 2012

Hello World

So, going into my new blog, I promised myself that I wouldn't start a post with "Sorry I haven't blogged lately."  But, non-the-less... that is how I am starting this one.

A lot has been happening in the last few weeks.  My head has been spinning in all different directions, and I have been suffering from a little writers block because of it, and also having a lot to take care of.

A couple months ago, I started this blog with a plan.  While I still have the same plan, part of my problem has been coming up with projects and recipes once a week to show you, and then finding the time to do a craft, or make the recipes has been challenging for me.  As I said in the beginning, please bare with me as I get this off the ground, because I started on a whim, and didn't have several weeks worth of ideas under my belt to start it off. 

As you know by now, I am a consultant for Perfectly Posh and have been struggling to get my business up and moving. I have had 2 baby showers that I have helped out with, one being at my house, and I am leaving on Wednesday for Virginia for my brother and SIL's shower.  I also decided a few weeks ago for sure that I was going to finally break the chains that I called my job, and be a stay at home mom.  I told my husband that we were just going to have to make sacrifices because it was important to me, and he agreed.  So I do my budget, with the intentions of my last day being the last day of November.  After I write out several months worth of the budget, I go into work the next day with a corporate email, asking employees to voluntarily cut their hours to help during the slow seasons.  This threw an all new wrench in the gears.  Of course I wanted to just jump on it, but what about my budget? This would mean less pay, and less savings every month for the big day. But it seemed to make sense.  I would have 2 extra days during the week with my daughter, and still have an income.  Chris was pretty insistent that I take that chance right away.  So I send an email that I would take off Thursdays and Fridays, and just work Monday - Wednesday.  I figured it was just to the end of the year, and that would be a perfect time to make my last day... then something else happened.  A friend of mine contacted me, asking if I knew of anyone that would watch her daughter.  This seemed like the perfect opportunity because I could continue making a little extra money, and would give my daughter a playmate.  So I ended up putting in my 2 weeks notice right away.  My last day was supposed to be 10/8, but got an email from my boss last Tuesday that they were going to just let me go, and call it my 2 weeks worked.  OKAY! 

So, my life is so different than I thought it would be 3 weeks ago.  I am so blessed to be staying home with my daughter, and finally being able to give her the energy she deserves.  She is already thriving, and seems so happy to finally have her mommy!



****************

Side note.... I do have a couple projects lined up again.  So I will be able to start blogging again on a more regular basis... with the exception of this week, because I will be in VA enjoying the cool fall weather!

Tata,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment