Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Virginia: Part Two - My Embarrassing Bucket List Visit

Do do do do do do.... dunnununununah doo doo doo doo doo doo doooo... laddadadeedeedah.  Who can guess what that tune is to?

I will give you a hint.  It is one of my guilty pleasures.... The Waltons.  Yes.  It's true.  I am old.  More like an old soul, who particularly loves 80's dramas that were set back in time.  The Waltons, and Little House on the Prairie mostly.  Call me a nerd, I don't care.

When I was in Virginia, I went to Walton's Mountain.  This is exciting stuff!  They have the home that Earl Hammer (the creator of the Waltons) ,that he grew up in.  They also have a museum with replicas of the Walton's home, and Ike Godsey's general store.  It was so neat to be able to stand in the kitchen, just like I always wanted to when I watched the show.  Here are some pictures from the museum.




 
 
 



So that's it.  Tomorrow I will have pictures up from the shower. 

Tata,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment