Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Anne Elise



My niece came into this world a month ago today.  I am elated, to say the least.  She is beautiful, and looking at her makes me long for Alyssa to be a baby again.  Chris says we should just have another.  I'm ok with that, :).  I had no intentions on going up there to meet her at the beginning.  I couldn't afford it, and didn't think it would be feasible for me to get away from Florida.  But, alas, when there is a will, there is a way.  We made it up the day after she turned 1 week, and I got to hold her first, and had to fight back tears.  The feeling of holding my blood niece was unimaginable.  She was sleeping, and I scooped her up, and said her name, and she smiled from ear to ear.  What can I say, she melted my heart.

Alyssa was ecstatic to go up, and hold a real baby.  She practiced with her baby doll so that she knew how to hold her head and body just right.  She did a great job with her.

 
 
And another great thing about when we went, is that it was snowing the day we were there!  It was super cold, but I guess I'm so used to it being cold and not snowing here, that it didn't even occur to me that it could snow.  When we opened the window that morning, I saw a white blanket barely covering the ground.  It wasn't much, but we took advantage of it.


We had a great time up there.  I can't wait for next month when they come down to see us in Florida.  Here are some more sweet pics...










 
 
Oh, and this just made us laugh.



Tata,
Emily

1 comment: